1. How do I reserve my tours with you?
Making an online reservation with www.discoverytravel.com.vn is easy.
Just complete and send the reservation form making sure that you have given us your e-mail address and a valid credit card number.
As soon as we receive your request we will contact your chosen hotel to confirm the reservation. It is our policy to reply to all requests within 48 hours.
Making a reservation through www.discoverytravel.com.vn requires payment with a credit card.
Please read our Deposit and Cancellation policy before making payment.
If you don’t want to make online reservation, simply email us at email@example.com or phone our hotline (+84 54) 3 837 909.
2.How do I book and pay for a tour ?
Once you have found a tour that you would like to book, please click on “Booking” and fill in your booking details ( the departure date that you would like to go, the package, the number of people, your full name, nationality, email address and any special requests ). Once we confirm the availability, we will send you an email to confirm and our payment policy information. With this, you can choose your preferred payment method and pay us.
+ With tour bookings, you DO NOT need to pay total in advance, we just need 30% for Deposit, to ensure that you use our services.
+ With flight or train ticket bookings, we require 100% total payment in advance.
If you would like to pay by others methods, please inquire with us directly.
3. What is the deposit? When will I be fully charged?
Once all booking details are agreed and confirmed, a deposit of 30%-50% of the total fee will be charged from your credit card/bank account (depending on your payment method). Then a full charge from your credit card will be made as you join the tour.
Please notice that either deposit or full charge will be made only after a booking confirmation is delivered to you.
4.What if I have special needs for the tour ?
If you have special requirements - for example, if you have a large group or young children, or you have infants or the olds in your group, or if you are handicapped or have physical limitations, if you have special transportation needs, or if you are vegetarian or have other food allergies - please let us know, and we can work with both you and the service provider ( restaurants, hotels, transportation ...) to ensure that we can meet your needs.
5.When do I need to pay for hotel / resort booking ?
All hotel / resort reservations must be paid in advance and immediately after booking the hotel / resort. We cannot hold hotel / resort bookings without payment.
You can pay us 50% Deposit in advance and will pay the rest 07 days before check-in date.
6.How do I know my reservation is confirmed ?
After you make an online booking, we will follow up with you to confirm availability and confirm the booking. Your reservation is not confirmed until you receive this follow-up email or fax.
7.How can I cancel my travel with Discovery?
When you wish to cancel your booked holiday with us, you can do this by contacting us via our hotline (+84) 905 19 15 16, or our email firstname.lastname@example.org, or email of our staff who has processed your booking. You will be asked to provide details of the confirmation voucher you have received after making payment. For more information about canceling charges, please refer to our Terms & Conditions.
8. Can I change my tour details after confirmation?
Once the official payment has been made, changes in tour details should be requested via email (email@example.com or email of the staff processing your booking), and is subject to a surcharge of ./change and further surcharge of hotels and restaurants (depending on each case). Possibility of reservation amendments is also subject to service availability of our suppliers (hotels, restaurants and other).
9.What about disabled and pregnant tourists?
Disabilities or pregnancy of tourists joining the tour should be informed to us as the booking is made. All possible assistance during your trip will be advised, and also subject to surcharge. We will not be held liable if such information is not informed in advance.
10.What happens to my tour booking if my flight is delayed?
Please inform us and the hotel immediately as any additional or no charge will only depend on the hotel policy. We try our best to offer you the similar ground services.
11.What places to see in Vietnam ?
* HANOI (many museums, lakes, parks, old French buildings.* SAPA (mountain scenery, trekking to ethnic minority villages), BAC HA (Sunday morning market) CANCAU (Saturday morning market)
* MAI CHAU - HOABINH (Thai ethnic minority villages)
* SON LA – DIEN BIEN PHU (battle field where the French troops were defeated in 1954)
* NINH BINH (rural life, caves, beautiful stone churches, Cuc Phuong national park)
* HA LONG BAY (the world heritage, thousands of islands)
* BA BE LAKE (240km from Hanoi, the largest lake in north VN)
* PHONG NHA CAVE (the world heritage, near Dong Hoi, central VN)
* HUE (the old capital of VN in the 19th century, visit the Imperial Citadel, tombs, cruise along the Perfume river)
* DMZ (Vinh Moc tunnels, Ben Hai river - the place where Vietnam used to be divided into the North and the South for 21 years during American war, Khe Sanh combat base)
* HOI AN (ancient streets, the world heritage)
* MY SON (brick temples, the world heritage)
* NHA TRANG (beaches, islands, scuba diving)
* MUI NE near PHAN THIET (beaches, sand dunes)
* DA LAT (highlands, cool weather, waterfalls and lakes)
* CENTRAL HIGHLANDS (Gia Lai - Kon Tum - Dak Lak, special culture, best coffee)
* SAI GON (the most developed city, night life)
* MEKONG DELTA (floating villages & markets, nice beach in Ha Tien)
* CU CHI TUNNELS (American War)
* PHU QUOC ISLAND (beaches, fishing villages)
12.Which places to do trekking tours in Vietnam ?
There are many places in Viet Nam that suitable for doing trekking tour, such as:
- Sapa Town 's picturesque mountains and colorful hill tribes, this is the best place to do trekking
- Pu Luong (near Hanoi) is famous for beauty and renowned biodiversity, stunning panoramas and beautiful rice paddies.
- Maichau - Hoabinh, on the bank of Ma River to experience the everyday life and culture of White Thai, Muong people
- Catba island near Halong bay - trekking from National park to Viethai village
- Cuc Phuong National Park in NinhBinh ( 130km from Hanoi ) , and relaxing with an overnight rest in a traditional stilt home.
- Cat Tien National park - 5hours drive from Hochiminh city
- Da Lat, in the Central highland of Vietnam.
13.What will we bring when trekking in Vietnam ?
Passport: your passport must be valid for at least six months after your date of departure from Vietnam.
Trail shoes or even running shoes.
- Camera + Recording device and blank tapes
- Sunglasses with hard case
- Extra batteries (for camera, tape recorder and flashlight)
- Eye glasses
- Aspirin, Tylenol, Aleve or something similar
- Personal medications (anything you normally take at home and any precautionary items such as migraine medications, if you are prone to that).
- Cold medicine
- Allergy medicine
- Anti-diarrhea medicine (e.g., Immodium and an antibiotic)
Warm jacket. Fiber fill or down should be adequate. This is especially necessary during winter from December to February in Sapa area
14. How to make the payment ? do you accept the Visa or travellers check ?
You can make payment by cash, bank transfer, credit card ( Visa, Master and American Express ). It's inconvenient for us to accept travellers check as we only receive the money in our bank account after serveral months.
Money Transfer: Payment by money transfer service of Western Union (Applied if you are not in Vietnam)
You can choose many of bank agents of Western Union in your country or do it online to transfer money to our company. Please follow the guide of http://www.westernunion.com
After that, please send us the bank code of this transaction by fax/ mail, then if it is approved, we will send you the confirmation. (Bank charge may apply. This, if any, will be settled by client)
How can I book a domestic airline flight?
In order to book a domestic tickets within Vietnam , please select the destination city, arrival city, the dates and whether it is one-way or a return ticket. Then, please select from the available price and schedule options and proceed to bookings.
Currently, we cannot check availability of these flights online. To inquire about a flight, please either book the flight with payment information and we will wait to charge you until after the flight has been confirmed, or inquire online with customer service at
How can I book a hotel room?
Select the hotel in which you would like to stay, email or call us with your requests as well as any special requests and we will make recommendations. We will confirm the availability of the hotel to you.
How do I book and pay for a tour?
Once you have found a tour that you would like to book, please click on “ Book now” and fill in your booking details such as the dates you would like to go, number of people, any special requests. Once we confirm the availability, we will send you an email to confirm and a link for secure online credit card payment.
If you would like to pay by a method other than credit card (cash or bank transfer), please inquire with us directly.
How can I pay ?
Customers within Vietnam:
For customers within Vietnam, we accept payment by cash, credit card and bank transfer.
Cash: We can receive cash payment either advance in our office or in person upon delivery.
Bank transfer: Bank transfers can be made from a bank account within Vietnam. We will provide you our banking details at the time of confirmation of the booking.
Credit Card: We can accept payment by credit card in advance by online payment link or at the time of delivery by imprint method. We will inform you in advance of purchase of any credit card fees that may apply.
Customers outside Vietnam:
For customers outside Vietnam who purchase services prior to arrival in Vietnam, we can only accept payment by credit card and Western Union; we cannot accept cash at the time of a later delivery.
Credit Card: You can purchase directly on our website, or we can provide you with a secure link after the services have been confirmed. In both ways, we will only proceed with the payment after reconfirming with you. For your protection, for a large purchase amount of 400USD and above, we will need you to send us a legal identification (e.g. passport, drivers license) and your credit card scan copies before charging your credit card. We will inform you in advance of purchase of any credit card fees that may apply.
Bank transfer: Bank transfers can be made from your bank account abroad. We will provide you with our banking details at the time of confirmation of the booking.
Western Union: We can accept payment through any banks worldwide using Western Union service. We will send you our receipt details and then will need the control number from you in order to finalize the receipt of payment.
What is your cancellation policy?
In case of cancellation, we will not impose any charges if we are not being charged and possible to get refund from our suppliers but if our suppliers apply charges for cancellation, you will have to pay those charges that apply. Cancellation policies vary, depending upon the type of service, the time of year, and the reason for cancellation. We will pass on to you all details of any cancellation policy with our transparent reply upon demand.
Can the driver speak English and act as a guide?
Our driver can speak a little Enghlish, so that on the way he can understand your request. In Vietnam, drivers are just drivers. Tour guides need to be licensed by the National Tourism Authority.
***How about tourist guide?
Our local tourist guide are full licensed by Ministry of Tourism who are friendly and experienced, support you adequently knowledge of the tourist places. You will be please because of their professionalism, personality and outstanding knowledge, their ability to communicate their culture clearly and in an amusing and educational manner will make the experience, even more enjoyable